Menma’s TERA open beta testing is upon us, and comes with huge changes to the game we know as TERA. It’s time to make the switch!
Character Selection Screen
- The Character Selection screen has been replaced with the old 2013 style character selection.
Island of Dawn
- The ruined Island of Dawn has been replaced with the old 2013 Island of Dawn.
- The Island of Dawn monsters of the areas in the bottom have been buffed.
- The Dawnstorm Token shop has now been updated to include a 2.0 mount box and tier IV etchings (including exclusive ones that weren’t used before).
Civil Unrest: Island of Dawn (NEW)
- New Civil Unrest area, taking place in the old Island of Dawn.
- Starts on Saturday at 3:00 pm UTC (5:00 pm CEST), lasts 1 hour.
- The area is accessible at all times. (Known issue: Dying inside the area while CU is not active may not show the resurrection window)
- A BAM spawns every 15 minutes, killing it will grand the guild of the player that lands the last hit a buff (Endurance/Power/Attack Speed).
- Towers can be built 100m away from other towers only and outside of safe zones.
- The PvP Weapons now have new enchantment stats:
- Disciplinary Weapons
- +7: Increases PvP damage by 1% when attacking from behind.
- +8: Increases PvP damage by 2% when attacking from behind.
- +9: Increases PvP damage by 3% when attacking from behind.
- Harmonic Weapons
- +7: Increases Attack Speed by 1%.
- +8: Increases Attack Speed by 2%.
- +9: Increases Attack Speed by 3%.
- Impregnable Weapons
- +7: Decreases skill cooldowns by 1%.
- +8: Decreases skill cooldowns by 2%.
- +9: Decreases skill cooldowns by 3%.
- Disciplinary Weapons
- All the PvP Disciplinary and Impregnable Weapons have had their attack modifiers changed to their Harmonic equivalent attack modifiers.
- All the PvP Gloves and boots have had their main PvP defense stat increased by 10.
- Removed all lower value random stats (also known as white/blue stats on retail version).
- The enchantment system has been adjusted as follows:
- Gear will no longer drop on enchantment failure.
- Chance for gear damage has been reduced.
- Base success has been adjusted.
- On enchantment failure, a 0.5% enchantment advantage is being added.
- All success chance rates are now visible.
The Colosseum (NEW Battleground)
- A new 2v2 PvP battleground, taking place in the Super Quiz Bowl.
- Get inside using your own personal gear.
- 5 rounds, first team to win 3 rounds wins.
- DPS only, healers cannot get matched.
- A monster appears after 1 minute of fighting, killing it will grant you a power and attack speed buff. Use it to gain an advantage over the enemy and win the round.
- The winning team earns 64k bellicarium points, losing team earns 24k bellicarium points.
- All active apex skills have been disabled in battlegrounds. (Side note: Apex passives still work)
- The loot and bellicarium rewards of all battlegrounds has been updated. Including Champion’s Skyring and The Colosseum.
- The following dungeons are closing their doors:
- Akalath Quarantine
- Corrupted Skynest
- Corrupted Skynest (Hard)
- Forbidden Arena
- The following dungeons are making their return:
- Manaya’s Core (Hard)
- Velik’s Sanctuary (Hard)
- Forsaken Island (Hard)
- Timescape (Hard)
- Broken Prison
- The dungeon loots and difficulties have been adjusted for current patch.
- The dungeons’ neophyte resuscitation has been readjusted to the following values:
- 5-star dungeons have no neophyte resuscitation.
- 4-star dungeons have a maximum of 5 available resurrections until 10 clears. (Skilled Tag)
- 3-star dungeons and lower have not been changed.
Forsaken Island (Hard)
- The vanguard quest is now available.
- Upon resurrection, you will no longer receive the instant death debuff.
- Loot has been updated to the following:
- <Legendary Mount Token>
- <Zenobia’s Breeze>
- <Battered Oath Exchange Token>
- <Amarun’s Relic IV>
- <Ishara’s Halidom IV>
- <Body Armor Etching: Pumped IV>
- <Body Armor Etching: Keen IV>
- <Footwear Etching: Pumped IV>
- <Footwear Etching: Keen IV>
- <Kaia’s Gear Box>
- <Improved Dark Shard Weapon Feedstock>
- <Improved Dark Shard Armor Feedstock>
- <Black Core Shard>
- <Black Core Nodule>
- and more…
- The boss HP has been dramatically increased.
- Lancer Superior and Mythic weapons have one extra stat of cooldown reduction by 7.2%.
- Gold Costs of skill advancement have been reduced by 50%.
- Sky Lotus Drink is now usable again. Upon use, makes you 100% resistant to knockdown and stagger for 10 sec, but you might feel very dizzy.
- The GvG declaration, withdrawal and surrender announcements appear kind of like the old times. (Not exactly the same though)
- Removed EP option “Turning Tables”, also known as retaliate reset from all classes.
- Added new tabs in Tikat shop that include all available costumes in the game.
- Increased Civil Unrest guild tower defense by ~200%.
- Initial maximum guild size has been reduced to 30 accounts.
- The TERA Club mount has been changed to: <Summon: Dapper Lloyd>
- Improved security, implementations to prevent abuse of known exploits.
- Skycastle rewards for Civil Unrest and/or GvG battle winners. Yes you heard it right, Skycastles!
- An open dungeon to everyone with PvP allowed, that includes valuable rewards.
- Updating open world bosses, guild BAMs, field bosses, and guardian missions.
- EP balancing for PvP.
- And much more…